- This event has passed.
EMC Rulemaking Public Hearing- Standard for Silver
January 12 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EST
What: The Water Quality Committee of the NC Environmental Management Commission will hear the Petition for Rulemaking to Remove the Freshwater, Chronic Aquatic Life Standard for Silver.
Date: January 12, 2022. This will be heard at the EMC Committee’s regularly-scheduled meeting.
Time: 1:30 pm
Location: In-Person at Archdale Building in the Ground Floor Hearing Room, 512 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- NO information provided for virtual attendance options, but meeting audio and presentations will be broadcast via the state web conferencing link posted on the EMC website at
Details: See below for pertinent details
- View the petition here.
- To request to be heard, the EMC has created strict requirements as follows:
- All interested parties wishing to speak at the meeting must submit an official request to Danny Smith, Division of Water Resources (DWR) Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5:00 p.m. on January 3, 2022.
- The request shall:
(1) state the interest of the person;
(2) state the person’s position on the petition for rulemaking; and
(3) include supporting materials.
- The Chair of the Committee shall allow one interested person to present the viewpoint of those who oppose initiating rulemaking.
Fore information, visit the EMC meeting schedule website at: https://deq.nc.gov/about/divisions/water-resources/water-resources-commissions/environmental-management-commission/emc-meetings-and-agendas#january-12-13-2022-meetings.